10 Attributes of a Great Financial Advisor
Quinn Waddington - Nov 05, 2019
This article really struck a chord with me. I have never been accused of being too outgoing or boisterous, which are often attributes you see in successful advisors. I have decided to build a business by using my own strengths and surrounding myself with wonderful clients who appreciate that honesty.
You can have a read of the article but I have also listed the 10 attributes below. If you are looking for a new advisor, this list is as good a place as any to start.
1. Purposeful: They have a clear mission to serve clients and help them reach their goals.
2. Empathetic: They know they cannot effectively serve clients without genuinely relating to them.
3. Authentic: They reveal their true selves to clients.
4. Intellectually curious: They continue to search for the most robust solutions for clients.
5. Personally inquisitive: They work hard to uncover what’s truly meaningful to their clients.
6. Quiet: They listen more than they talk.
7. Passionate: Their unwavering desire to do well for others drives constant improvement.
8. Entrepreneurial: They run their practice as a business and plan strategically for the future.
9. Honest: They set realistic expectations about controllable actions and probable outcomes.
10. Disciplined: They don’t let market swings or media messages drive impulsive actions.